This week we will be considering Congress. One way to introduce yourself to the institution is by getting to know your own representatives. To that end, please complete this Congressional Scavenger Hunt which will allow you to use a handful of key websites (House, Senate, Project Vote Smart and National Journal Almanac) to learn all about about your Representative, Senators and the state/district from which you hail. What connections can you find between the characteristics of an official’s district/state and the committees on which they serve? Did you see any relationship between the sources of campaign contributions and the officials’ committee assignments or legislative agendas? In addition to posting your blog comments, please bring your completed scavenger hunt form to Tuesday’s class.
- American released from prison in Cuba
- In new interview, Obamas recall personal racial slights
- Report: Entry ban lifted for donor family member
- Poll: Voters cool to a Clinton campaign
- Chi-town opens arms to China
- Jeb Bush's policy minefields
- On immigration, promise and peril for Bush
- Ever Wondered Who's Behind Those Viagra Emails?
- Senate approves tax extenders package without Wyden
- Is Obama destroying the Russian economy?