This week we will be considering Congress. One way to introduce yourself to the institution is by getting to know your own representatives. To that end, please complete this Congressional Scavenger Hunt which will allow you to use a handful of key websites (House, Senate, Project Vote Smart and National Journal Almanac) to learn all about about your Representative, Senators and the state/district from which you hail. What connections can you find between the characteristics of an official’s district/state and the committees on which they serve? Did you see any relationship between the sources of campaign contributions and the officials’ committee assignments or legislative agendas? In addition to posting your blog comments, please bring your completed scavenger hunt form to Tuesday’s class.
- Ryan looking for 'common ground' on tax reform
- Walker: Americans want 'new, fresh leadership'
- Obama budget pitch: Tax offshore profits to fix U.S. roads
- McCain still mad at 'terrible people' who protested
- Huckabee: Room in the GOP tent for gay marriage supporters
- Winslow Wheeler's war
- Unpaid interns: An endangered species?
- Iowa Dems high and dry as Hillary decides
- Poll: Walker and Paul up in Iowa, Bush and Christie lag
- Obama: Latest ISIL beheading 'heinous;' U.S. will 'destroy' group