This week we will be considering Congress. One way to introduce yourself to the institution is by getting to know your own representatives. To that end, please complete this Congressional Scavenger Hunt which will allow you to use a handful of key websites (House, Senate, Project Vote Smart and National Journal Almanac) to learn all about about your Representative, Senators and the state/district from which you hail. What connections can you find between the characteristics of an official’s district/state and the committees on which they serve? Did you see any relationship between the sources of campaign contributions and the officials’ committee assignments or legislative agendas? In addition to posting your blog comments, please bring your completed scavenger hunt form to Tuesday’s class.
- How to BE the Crazy Uncle This Thanksgiving
- The 21 craziest quotes from the campaign trail
- Democratic ads steer away from national security
- GOP rider would boost party spending
- How Washington created some of the worst schools in America
- 2016 presidential campaign: Latest updates
- Leaked Sanders memo attacks O'Malley on immigration
- A family Trumpsgiving in South Carolina
- New York Times slams Trump's mocking of reporter as 'outrageous'
- Carsoncare: The doctor's ill-fated dream of solving America's health care woes