This week we will be considering Congress. One way to introduce yourself to the institution is by getting to know your own representatives. To that end, please complete this Congressional Scavenger Hunt which will allow you to use a handful of key websites (House, Senate, Project Vote Smart and National Journal Almanac) to learn all about about your Representative, Senators and the state/district from which you hail. What connections can you find between the characteristics of an official’s district/state and the committees on which they serve? Did you see any relationship between the sources of campaign contributions and the officials’ committee assignments or legislative agendas? In addition to posting your blog comments, please bring your completed scavenger hunt form to Tuesday’s class.
- National Review goes non-profit
- Rob Ford: I'm 'deeply ashamed' for racial slurs
- Support for two-state solution hits 20-year low
- Reporter who heckled Obama leaves Daily Caller
- Gowdy asks Clinton to appear before Benghazi panel
- Menendez indictment could come Wednesday
- Obama pledges greenhouse gas emissions cuts
- New 'Daily Show' host Trevor Noah under fire for tweets
- Harry Reid on Jeb Bush: 'I hope he loses'
- Journalists sue St. Louis County police for alleged battery, false arrest