This week we will be considering Congress. One way to introduce yourself to the institution is by getting to know your own representatives. To that end, please complete this Congressional Scavenger Hunt which will allow you to use a handful of key websites (House, Senate, Project Vote Smart and National Journal Almanac) to learn all about about your Representative, Senators and the state/district from which you hail. What connections can you find between the characteristics of an official’s district/state and the committees on which they serve? Did you see any relationship between the sources of campaign contributions and the officials’ committee assignments or legislative agendas? In addition to posting your blog comments, please bring your completed scavenger hunt form to Tuesday’s class.
- IRS preps for employer mandate
- Johnson pleads for border surge funding
- Obama blasts 'corporate deserters'
- Senate Dems brace for Walsh fallout
- Schakowsky tries minimum wage
- Bipartisan worry on federal health IT
- Rubio: End immigration deferral
- McCain: Ariz. execution 'torture'
- FAA lands in Mideast conflict
- WaPo reporter detained in Iran