This week we will be considering Congress. One way to introduce yourself to the institution is by getting to know your own representatives. To that end, please complete this Congressional Scavenger Hunt which will allow you to use a handful of key websites (House, Senate, Project Vote Smart and National Journal Almanac) to learn all about about your Representative, Senators and the state/district from which you hail. What connections can you find between the characteristics of an official’s district/state and the committees on which they serve? Did you see any relationship between the sources of campaign contributions and the officials’ committee assignments or legislative agendas? In addition to posting your blog comments, please bring your completed scavenger hunt form to Tuesday’s class.
- Ryan freezes race for speaker
- What it would take for Ryan to run
- A ‘Cancer’ on the Clinton Candidacy
- Rift in Obama administration over Putin
- Hillary donors worry: 'All the energy is with Bernie'
- Gillibrand: I bet Biden will run for president
- DEBATE DAY! – SHELDON LEANING RUBIO -- ‘CANCER’ on Clinton’s candidacy -- BIDEN POSTPONES AGAIN – THE CANDIDATES, ranked 1 thru 20, based on Facebook traffic – B’DAY: Mike Barnicle, Ari Fleischer, Gerrit Lansing
- Trump says he'll live-tweet 'boring' Democratic debate
- New owner: No agenda for Village Voice
- Susan Rice: Climate change 'an advancing menace'