This week we will be considering Congress. One way to introduce yourself to the institution is by getting to know your own representatives. To that end, please complete this Congressional Scavenger Hunt which will allow you to use a handful of key websites (House, Senate, Project Vote Smart and National Journal Almanac) to learn all about about your Representative, Senators and the state/district from which you hail. What connections can you find between the characteristics of an official’s district/state and the committees on which they serve? Did you see any relationship between the sources of campaign contributions and the officials’ committee assignments or legislative agendas? In addition to posting your blog comments, please bring your completed scavenger hunt form to Tuesday’s class.
- Cruz super PACs rake in $38 million
- Super Pac Friday: Five takeaways
- Top U.N. nuclear inspector to brief senators on Iran deal
- Hillary releases eight years of tax returns
- Planned Parenthood vote squeezes Dem moderates
- Jon Stewart's next act: Lobbyist?
- State emails offer glimpse into Hillary's world
- Ministers fail to cinch major trade pact
- Why Bush played nice with Clinton in Florida
- Rubio super PAC pulls in $16 million