This week we will be considering Congress. One way to introduce yourself to the institution is by getting to know your own representatives. To that end, please complete this Congressional Scavenger Hunt which will allow you to use a handful of key websites (House, Senate, Project Vote Smart and National Journal Almanac) to learn all about about your Representative, Senators and the state/district from which you hail. What connections can you find between the characteristics of an official’s district/state and the committees on which they serve? Did you see any relationship between the sources of campaign contributions and the officials’ committee assignments or legislative agendas? In addition to posting your blog comments, please bring your completed scavenger hunt form to Tuesday’s class.
- Ukraine: Convoy a 'direct invasion'
- Playbook: White House memo
- The GOP's new take on pre-K
- Brand ice bucket challenges Hannity
- Johnson: 'The president is watching'
- How going nuclear helped the Senate
- Just 4 anti-Obamacare House Dems standing
- Airstrikes may prompt Iraq vote
- Clinton library plans 10th anniversary
- Revved up