May 13, 2011
May 11, 2011
My video project is a video diary entry, I used my voice as if I was writing in my journal thinking about and talking about my father in 2009-2010. I feel like I can definitely add more to my video, I would like to expand the ending a little. I would also like to edit my video transitions, in order to make my video stronger. I feel like my video was a great final project because in cooperated documentary style video with a narrative video, e I really struggled to find my voice and try to open up as much as I can in front of a camera. Also I used what I learned from video mash-ups, as well our collage project inorder to finish this project. Even though this is a shorter version of a longer memorial movie I plan to do in the future (also more personal), interviewing and searching for images and videos took alot of time. So I am very proud of my detective work!!
April 13, 2011
- What are your ideas?
I discuss this in my previous blog
- WHO ARE YOU? RIGHT NOW?
Stressed out and confused college student, who needs a summer job.
I am an emotional roster coaster all day, everyday.
- ARE YOU WHO YOU WANT TO BE?
- Dope. I am not, I still live in the Bronx, I don’t have job to support myself. As well as I have not changed the world yet.
- How do you come up with ideas?
The first idea is based on what you mentioned in class. The rest are projects that I always wanted to do but was never able to.
- ideas to fill your day, when you have a free day?
I don’t ever have a free day, I work on the weekends. And Sunday is the sacred universal HW day .lol
- when you need to write a story?
I don’t really like writing, I actually like to bake when I am stressed.
- when you need to get a gift for someone?
I give them something thoughtful, nothing expensive usually.
- create a work of art?
I like personal space, music and taking my time.
- Can you list a bunch of your interests? from the most mundane and fleeting to the most solidified interests that you know will be with you forever?
- What makes you make the things that you make?
- Why do you look at the things you do, and read the things you read?
Because I find them visually appealing and intellectual stimulating.
- Who inspires you? Who are your heroes?
My father, my mother, my godfather and Lady Gaga.
- Of living people, would you most want to be, if such things were possible? Why?
- And who would you least want to be? Why?
- If you could create a fictional character that you could be, who would that be ad why?
- Do you watch television? If so what?
I watch tv sometimes, I watch Glee, Gossip Girl, Grey’s Anatomy and Scrubs.
- Film? What? Is there a certain kind of film that you watch and why is that?
I like many different types of films:
Horror, Mystery, Comedy, Action and Foreign
- What does AUTONOMY mean?
Ability to make one’s own decisions.
- Free write and all of these, do not edit. If you really do this freely and fully, I bet you will learn about yourself and find out a bit about who you are.
April 13, 2011
A) I definitely want to do a rotoscope video:
Face shots – using artrage, photoshop (maybe final cut)
I do want to do a paper print graffiti project, represent the women of Juarez, as well as our struggles in the west with unions.
JR, a French street artist
How to Videos:
I do not know if this would count as a documentary but possibly a film on my father? I am currently working on this on my own. I have about 8 different interviews I have conducted with my family members. I have over 100 pictures as well as beginning of a narrative. Maybe I could get Alcee’s help ?
April 11, 2011
“ For the male libidinal economy it appears, ‘the only good woman is a dead woman.”
“Cinema is the ultimate pervert art. It doesn’t give you what you desire – it tells you how to desire” – Slavoj Zizek