Additional tabs above are links to knowledge base for software packages/hardware available in the NCAT.
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 –
- Help and support from Adobe – http://www.adobe.com/support/creativesuite/
- New ideas/tutorials from Peachpit Press http://www.peachpit.com/articles/index_rss.aspx?n=3894e30b-6c4d-41cd-b339-3c9067c62b3f
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe After Effects – limited number of licenses
- Adobe Encore – limited number of licenses
- Adobe Premiere – limited number of licenses
- Final Cut Pro X
- Compressor 4
- Motion 5
- QLab 3
- iLife ‘11 Suite
- Logic Pro
- Microsoft Office 2011 Suite – manufacturer support
- Sibelius 7
Hardware available in the lab
- Nektar Impact LX25 MIDI Controller
- Nektar Impact LX49 MIDI Controller
- Wacom Intuos3 Pen Tablet
- HP ScanJet 5590 Scanner- uses Apple’s Image Capture software
- Epson 10000XL Graphic Arts Scanner- accommodates up to 12.2 x 17.2 inch reflective media
- Nikon Film Scanner (Super Coolscan 9000ED) – uses VueScan software – User manual
Hardware available to borrow. Most loans are on a 2 day rotation but that is subject to change as necessary.
- Canon VIXIA HF20 Camcorder – uses internal memory or SDHC card
- Canon VIXIA HF M30A Camcorder – uses internal memory or SDHC card
- Sony DCR-HC46 Camcorder – requires mini DV tape
- Sony DCR-HC65 Camcorder – requires mini DV tape
- Sony Cybershot DSC-W100 8.1Mpx still cameras – also can record movies but files must be downloaded via cable between camera and computer (not with media card reader). iMovie will launch and movies are imported into event.
- Zoom H4 digital audio recorders
- Zoom H2 digital audio recorders
- Zoom H2N digital audio recorders Instruction Manual (pdf download) Great video introduction to features and operation
- Feature overview – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMsOJVBz-uA
- Basic use – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KnVzQlJh4k&feature=related
- Azden SMX-10 Directional Stereo Video Microphone – 177mm long, dual uni-directional, electret-condensor mic is powered by a single AAA battery and features a built-in cable with a 3.5mm stereo mini plug.
- Snowball USB microphone -professional USB mic, with dual capsules and three settings (cardioid, cardioid w/-10dB pad & omni); perfect for podcasting and music recording.
- VHF Wireless Lavalier Microphone System – Audio-technica PRO 88W VHF Wireless System with battery-powered receiver and transmitter for camcorder use
- Wired Lavalier Microphone – Audio-technica ATR3350
- Manfrotto Modosteady Videocamera Stabilization System Instructions (pdf download)
Various other accessories for audio and video recording are also available including multimedia USB headsets with microphone, a dolly, a cobra crane (link here for demonstration), tripods, external hard drives,portable lighting systems including soft light boxes and MIDI controllers:
M-Audio Oxygen 8/Oxygen 49 MIDI Controller
Some of these are for use in the NCAT only. Inquires can be made of the NCAT staff.
NCAT staff can also grant access to the Lighting Studio in NC016A which has a variety of lighting options including LED, strobe, traditional softbox flourescents , and green screen kit (suggestions for using) as well as white and black paper backdrops are set up for use there. Those not familiar with the new strobe and LED lights are asked to view a video that introduces that new equipment.
Photography and Video classes with Wes Kline may access a pool of equipment solely for students currently enrolled. Several factors make this equipment available to this select group including; limited numbers, high replacement value, expert training. NCAT monitors cannot loan to those not on the current class lists.