…here’s a short list of newer titles in ODY on contemporary Egypt. While of course none of these titles can take into account the events of the last week, they may provide useful background on how things have unfolded.
- Reengaging Egypt : Options for US-Egypt Economic Relations by Barbara Kotschwar
- Islamists and Secularists in Egypt : Opposition, Conflict, and Cooperation by Dina Shehata
- Egypt : A Short History by Robert L. Tignor
- The Mubarak Leadership and Future of Democracy in Egypt by Alaa Al-Din Arafat
- Inside Egypt : the Land of the Pharaohs on the Brink of a Revolution by John R. Bradley
- Egypt after Mubarak : Liberalism, Islam, and Democracy in the Arab World by Bruce K. Rutherford