Boys and Girls Club of Ogdensburg, NY
Thomas Luckie, Executive Director
610 Patterson Street, Ogdensburg, NY 13669
Responsibilities of Volunteers:
- Provide tutorial work with individual students.
- Assist with field trips: sporting events, museum visits.
- Work with and monitor students in computer labs: keyboarding with emphasis on production work (ex. creative writing); help with homework; word search games.
- Assist with large group events: African and Latino awareness events;
holiday parties (Halloween and Christmas).
- Conduct bingo games.
- Organize sports activities in the gym or outside (basketball, baseball etc.).
- Create arts and craft projects.
This is a perfect volunteer opportunity for those who enjoy working with and mentoring children and adolescents.
Volunteers will need their own transportation. Carpooling is an option if need be.
If you have any questions, you may contact Lily Rougeot at firstname.lastname@example.org. Lily is a student volunteer at the Club and has inspiring comments in regard to her experiences.