- “You Said to Be Cool, But I’m Already Coolest”: Who Are the Real ‘Merchants of Cool?’
- Spinning the Truth: The Role of Public Relations as seen in “Wag the Dog”
- The Dominant ‘Social Network’: How the Film Shows that Facebook has Still Got It
- “The Iraqi Mindfuck”: What is Truth in ‘Live from Bagdhad’?
- Guilty by Suspicion: Social Constructs, Institutions, and Censorship in a Time of Mass Paranoia
Monthly Archives: November 2016
“Teens are the most studied generation in history” (00.39) by advertisers. Merchants of Cool is a PBS documentary film that explores the various ways in which brands study these teens in order to successfully market their product. This documentary argues … Continue reading
Wag The Dog (1997) • Barry Levinson [Director] Starring Robert De Niro, Larry Beinhart, and Hilary Henkin Written by: Raquell Muniz, Katie McGarrity, and Macklin Brigham Date: November 08, 2016 Spinning the Truth: The Role of Public Relations as seen … Continue reading